So, you're intrigued by the world of polyamory and non-monogamy and you're looking for like-minded individuals to connect with. That's where poly lifestyle groups come in! These social spaces can be a fantastic way for those interested in polyamory to form connections, share experiences, and learn from one another.
Poly Lifestyle Groups Table of Contents
What are Poly Lifestyle Groups?
Poly lifestyle groups are communities, whether online or in-person, made up of individuals who practice or are interested in polyamory and non-monogamous relationships. These groups are often formed to offer support, advice, and friendship to those who are new to the concept or looking to expand their social circles within the polyamorous community.
Types of Poly Lifestyle Groups
- Online Groups: With the power of the internet, finding online poly lifestyle groups has never been easier. Online groups can be found on various platforms such as Facebook groups, Reddit forums, and Discord chats. These groups can offer a safe space for newcomers to ask questions and learn, as well as facilitate discussions on various polyamory-related topics.
- Local Meetup Groups: Local poly lifestyle groups provide a more intimate setting for those looking to make connections within their immediate community. Many cities have polyamory meetup groups where members gather regularly to socialize and engage in discussions. Local groups can be found through websites like Meetup.com, or by reaching out to the broader poly community in your area.
- Workshops and Conferences: For those wishing to dive deeper into the world of polyamory, numerous workshops and conferences are available annually. These events can be educational and provide an opportunity to engage in discussions, learn from experts, and meet like-minded individuals from around the world.
- Retreats and Social Events: Attend a poly-focused retreat or social event as another way to connect with the poly community in a relaxed and fun environment. Such events may feature workshops, discussions, or simply provide an opportunity for polyamorous individuals and couples to mingle and make new friends.
How to Find and Engage with Poly Lifestyle Groups
- Start Online: It's easiest to begin your search online. Social media platforms such as Facebook have numerous groups dedicated to polyamory – simply search and request to join. Reddit and other forums also have thriving communities where individuals can share their experiences, ask questions, and learn from others.
- Research Local Meetups and Events: Look for local poly meetup groups and events in your area through websites like Meetup.com. Alternatively, check out poly-specific event directories or contact a local alternative lifestyle organization to inquire about poly events.
- Join Workshops and Conferences: Research and attend workshops and conferences related to polyamory, non-monogamy, and alternative relationships. These events provide a fantastic educational and networking opportunity for both new and experienced polyamorous individuals.
- Participate and Engage Actively: Regardless of the type of group or event you join, the most important step is to actively participate in discussions, share your experiences, and learn from others. Engage with the community, ask questions, and maintain an open mind as you navigate your poly journey.
Poly Lifestyle Groups Example:
An example of a poly lifestyle group that encompasses several of our suggested avenues is the Loving More organization (https://www.lovingmorenonprofit.org/). Loving More is a non-profit focused on educating individuals about polyamory and fostering a supportive community. The website features various resources, including articles, podcasts, and event listings for polyamory conferences and workshops. Members can also join the Loving More Facebook group to engage in discussions and stay updated on news and events within the poly community.
Now that you know about poly lifestyle groups and how to find them, you're well-equipped to start exploring and connecting with the polyamorous community. Whether you join online discussions, attend local meetups, or journey to a retreat or conference, you're bound to learn, grow and make new connections. So, go out there, engage with like-minded individuals, and share your experiences along the way. And if you found this article helpful, please feel free to share it with others and explore more guides and resources on The Monogamy Experiment!